- This event has passed.
Getting it Right With Open Source Software
26th April 2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm£395
The course will help organisations who develop and distribute software (or companies receiving software through a supply chain) implement a governance program. Attendees will leave with an understanding of the risks and pitfalls; the current best practice and the start of a plan for your organisation. This CPD Accredited course is an interactive training track.
The training is broken down into 8 modules which are:
- What is Intellectual Property?
- Introduction to Free Open Source Software (FOSS) Licenses
- Introduction to FOSS Compliance
- Key Software Concepts for FOSS Review
- Running a FOSS Review
- End to End Compliance Management (Example Process)
- Avoiding Compliance Pitfalls
- Practical implementation of a FOSS compliance program to conform with the OpenChain Specification
This course has been designed for anyone concerned with and involved in Software Management, including operational and legal executives, software development managers, program managers, software architects, developers and maintainers and product managers.
The course typically runs from 09:30 am to 14:30, but exact timings will vary.