- This event has passed.
Good Business: Have Purpose: Be Fair: Make Money
16th November 2017 - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Explore the strategy, models and values behind ethical businesses
Presented as part of Plymouth Enterprise Week, leading researchers, academics and business colleagues from the University of Plymouth will explore more about the strategy, models and values behind ethical businesses and how running a responsible enterprise can make you more money.
We will examine the tensions, if any, between profit and values and whether you can actually make money in the 21st century in a fair way.
- 09:00 – Registration and networking
- 09:15 – Welcome by Dr Marta Hawkins, Director of Futures Entrepreneurship Centre and Gareth Hart, Chair, Plymouth Social Enterprise Network
- 09:30 – “Working with your organisational purpose and values” by Sybille Schiffmann
- 10:10 – “Mapping sustainability: Understanding customer values towards sustainable choices” by Dr Satish Basavapatna Kumaraswamy
- 10:50 – Break
- 11:20 – “How good corporate governance can improve your financial, social and environmental sustainability” by Dr Simon Ashby
- 12:00 – Panel discussion
- 12:20 – Lunch
- 13:00 – Close