Oceansgate: Marine Technology Webinar Series
September 16th - 11:00 am - 11:45 am
Plymouth City Council has organised a programme of webinars to showcase exactly what our thriving marine sector has to offer.
In partnership with Maritime UK South West and other local partners, the team at the Oceansgate Marine Technology Enterprise Zone in Plymouth are overcoming Covid-19 barriers to face to face networking and collaboration by hosting a regular programme of marine technology webinars.
The events will provide a platform for the world class marine technology offer in the surrounding area with topics including access to innovation funding and support, marine autonomy, case studies covering leading edge tech development and showcasing world class strengths in the SW.
Maritime UK South West will add to the programme by enabling South West exposure to national programmes and opportunities and will also highlight investment opportunities in the area.
The webinars will be part of an ongoing series to be held each Wednesday at 11am, enabling businesses a regular time to plug in to new opportunities.
The Programme of webinars will be as followed:
Wednesday 16 September – The Mayflower Autonomous Ship
- In September 2020, one of the world’s first fully autonomous ships will cross the Atlantic with no human captain or on board crew
- The mission will not only commemorate the 400th anniversary of the original Mayflower voyage, but also advance technologies that could transform the shipping industry and help us to gather critical data about the ocean.
Wednesday 7th October -Driving innovation in the marine sector:
• How is innovation in the marine sector being stimulated through Government Policy and investment
• Overview of how ktn supports organisations to innovate
• Specific programmes related to the marine and maritime sectors:
o Decarbonising Ports & Harbours Special Interest Group – how to get involved, how to contribute
o Innovation Exchange – offshore wind, marine engineering