Discover what Electron Microscopy could do for your business
Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre (PEMC) are relaunching their Industrial Solutions events for 2018/19. Supported by Innovate UK, UKRI, ZEISS, the University’s own Research and Innovation team and funded by ERDF, PEMC invites industrial partners old and new to join us on the main University campus to discover what Electron Microscopy could do for your business.
Over the next 18 months, PEMC will host a series of events that will focus specifically on sectors identified within the UK government’s Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund and priority areas for the HOTSW Local Enterprise Partnership. Companies are warmly invited to join us for any or all of these free events, to learn more about our services, existing collaborations and future opportunities, and how your business could benefit. These events are designed to be informative, relevant and useful in terms of practical analysis, funding opportunities and networking opportunities.
Josie Gough from Innovate UK and Dan Philips from ZEISS will also be on hand to talk about the latest funding opportunities for companies looking to grow their businesses and take advantage of the government’s Industrial Strategy.
Our Industrial Solutions event on Wednesday 12 February 2020 will focus on the geoscience sector, featuring a presentation from one of our industrial partners which will demonstrate how Electron Microscopy has been used practically in their company and sector. There will be an update from the PEMC team and Josie Gough will be providing an essential update on funding and collaboration opportunities from Innovate UK.
- 2 April 2020: celebration event
Who should attend:
The sessions are primarily aimed at the following audience with no restrictions on attendance.
- Devon-based companies (with less than 250 employees) looking to develop new products – particularly those who work in advanced engineering, photonics, microelectronics, manufacturing, composites, robotics or new energy.
- Larger companies in the same sectors.
- Business groups (e.g. members of Plymouth Manufacturers Group, North Devon Manufacturing Association, Hi Tech Forum, SW Business Council, EEF)
- Business support organisations.